Sunday, April 14, 2019

TRANS BAN NOW IN EFFECT

With the president's edict to bar transgender people from serving in the military, my resolve is strengthened in that I will not be erased.

Many good soldiers will not be able to serve. Some may be drummed out of the service. This is similar to 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' which many gay and lesbian troops were dismissed.

I am a veteran and trans. I find this law without merit. A number of these service member are in high security positions which are not easy to fill. The military has to maintain a quota each month. Finding top quality is not easy and even more difficult to replace.

I am appalled by this. The final say on trans people's careers were decided by a five time draft dodger and a person in denial of his own sexuality. A real shame.

No comments: