Thursday, August 11, 2016

Self Acceptance

Self acceptance is the first step towards self-discovery. Once I accepted who I was, the pieces of the puzzle began to fit. My feelings of difference became clearer when I started to cross dress. The struggles and tensions dissipated upon my self acceptance.

I never felt shame or guilt that I like to wear women's clothing. It felt so natural to me. t took me over a year to feel comfortable in my own skin. When that happened, there was no turning back. I have to hold back the tears because I'm so happy.

How can we love others if we cannot love ourselves? Self loathing can stifle the love others want to give. Be who you are! Let no one define who you are; define yourself. Love yourself! You are beautiful and unique. There are people who love you for being you.

No comments: