Monday, August 26, 2013

65!

I turned 65 on the 4th of this month. I guess you can say that I've hit another milestone. I'm not oficially retired because I'm seekig part-time work. Things are looking up financially, so my spouse and I will be able to live comfortably.

I look forward to the future with my spouse. Travel, social activity, exploring new activities and living life is something we both anticipate. At the same time, if one of us gets seriosly ill or disabled, will there be avenues for us to get the help that we need? I'm exploring many options presently. I'm loosely invloved with SAGE, an advocacy organization that has senior TGLB people in mind. Over the past few years I have thought about this because TGLB seniors are sometimes forgotten in te decision making and innovations that may be needed. I know that medical care is a huge concern.

I read an article today which struck a chord with me. The site is posted below.

http://www.elderbranch.com/blog/lgbt-senior-living-nursing-home-settings/ 

www.sageusa.org

No comments: