Monday, May 07, 2012

Wife's Acceptance

Last Thursday evening my wife accepted me as a transgender person. It happened at a meeting at church. We are part of a task force that is creating and LGBTQI ministry which will kick off in June. Each person shared the their story and reasons for being there. When it was Louise's turn she shared her acceptance of me as a transgender woman. I was thrilled to say the least. It was also something that I prayed for. The following night I revealed my feminine name to her. I sensed that she was ready and my hunch proved to be correct. Louise read an article that I had written for an online magazine. She liked the article very much. Her acceptance means so much. There are some things that we are still working on but the future looks bright. My group of friends want to meet her. Louise has some trepidations right now but in time she will be ready. I'm so thankful and rejoicing.

No comments: