Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Make Yourself Seen and Heard

With pride events happening this month (and summer) all over the world, I hope that we attend and support them. Transgenders have made some progress this year and more needs to be done. I am meeting more transgender people in my circle. One of the volunteers who is with the same organization I'm with is a transsexual of many years. Yesterday, I saw a transgender woman near city hall. We're everywhere and the world is getting smaller.

I will be marching in the pride parade here in New York City. I will represent the American Veterans for Equal Rights. I'm excited about it. I hope that more transgender people will partake in the march because not showing ourselves at these events is often leveled at us, and rightfully so. I'm dress quite a lot these days. I'm wearing a suit now because I'm job hunting but soon as I get home, off goes the suit and tie. On goes the skirt and cami.

I am considering a lot of options for the future. Starting an online business and a non profit organization are just a couple of them. I'll be busy as ever.

No comments: