Saturday, April 19, 2008

Transgender and Proud



I have been crossdressing for roughly three years. I am transgender also. I embraced both during my coming out process and have never been happier.

During this time I have learned much from those who came before me. Fifty six is relatively late to realize my transgender identity but I believe there are reasons. I have been a late comer to many activities. Why, I was late to my high school graduation. The motto 'better late than never' suits me.

Many have known that they are transgender in childhood. I never had feelings of being different until my thirties. During these past three years I have grown emotionallly and spiritually. I have found a family that I never knew I had. Transgender is a diverse and broad term which describes many gender expressions. I am a peace and content with being transgender and a cross dresser and I'm proud of that. I enjoy dressing and going out but I have decide to be involved in advancing equal rights for transgenders.

I didn't suffer many things that some of us have but I am part of family. The more that I express myself the more likely that I may encounter something more than a few lewd comments. Looking ahead, I see more improvements in the lives of transgender people. I will stay positive, keep learning and understanding, and contribute my time and efforts for transgender people.

No comments: