Tuesday, April 01, 2008

I will be at the Gay Expo this Saturday at the Jacob Javits Center here in New York City. American Veterans for Equal Rights, an LGBTQ veterans group which I am a member, will be sponsoring a table at the event.

I was wondering if I should come dressed to the event. Well, low and behold, the leader of the group called and said to dress up. HOORAY!!. I can't wait. AVER is a vets group open to all GLBTQ vets. We are looking to get the word out that there is a veterans group for GLBTQ men and women who have served in the armed forces. One of the groups' goals is to have "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law repealed. It is an ambiguous regulation which unfairly penalizes GLBT people because of their sexual/gender expression.

I will let you how everything went next week.


Genevieve

No comments: