Monday, January 23, 2017

Women's March

This past Saturday I marched in the Million Women's March here in New York City. I arrived at Grand Central around 12:30 and the street was already packed. I was able to jump in and march. Behind me and ahead of me there people as far as my eyes could see.  

There were women of all ages, families, men, even pets. I haven't seen a march this big since 68? Crowd estimate was around 400,000. I met up with a friend later and we marched together. We talked about the need to sustain the pressure on those in power. Local and state issues are just as important. There were marches all over the world. I read about a small town of 200 in the Midwest and 66 people marched. WOW! People are letting this administration know that we are not sitting still and staying silent.




    

No comments: