Saturday, January 14, 2017

Book Review



I finished reading this book over a week ago. It is the story of young man who transitions to a woman. The book didn't mention this until the end. For Today....was an easy read for me for a novel. Sometimes novels bog down with reminiscing and backtracking that may lose the reader. The book backtracked but I never felt lost or bogged down by a lot of useless detail.

The Huang family seemed to be a normal family. By the end of the book they are as dysfunctional as I've ever seen a family. Peter is the boy would believes that he is a girl. When he moves away from home he has the opportunity to dress as a woman but doesn't readily take advantage of it. Kim Fu, the author, seems to take a vast knowledge about trans issues even though she's a ciswoman. 

I would rate this book a seven. It was an easy read. I followed this strange journey and saw how muddled journeys can be. I always say that each person's journey is uniquely their own. For Today.... didn't disappoint there. 

No comments: