Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gender Just Is

I had difficulty sleeping a few nights back. It was a fine time for my gender to be fluid when I was wanting to sleep. As I embraced the contentment I felt in those moments, I realized how much gender permeates everything I do. I don't consciously think about, it just is.

Embracing my transness made it easy for me to proceed forward as I transitioned. I haven't had SRS surgery but I certainly have transitioned emotionally and spiritually. What was important is that I was willing to change preconceived notions I had about what gender really is.

Many of our critics are in the religious communities and their lack of knowledge is really evident. I have had to educate some about gender and the difference between gender and sexuality. I have been pointing out that we are who we are and its natural. Over the next several weeks there will be opportunities to share this.

I have been happier in the past nine years than at any time in my life. Being authentic is wonderful for the mind and body and spirit. To be anything less robs us of the joy and happiness that we can have.

No comments: