Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Voting Rights Act Gutted

I was very disheartened when the Voting Rights Act was gutted of its protection. What galled me was some of the comments on why VRA was done away with. If someone believes that VRA is an outdated law, I wonder what was in the Kool-Aid they were drinking. States rights is the mantra being bandied about by conservatives and racists in some of these places. 

There has been much gerrymandering and redistricting all over the country. This is done to break the black and Latino voting block. I defy anyone to tell me that we are a colorblind society. Look at the prisons were the majority of prisoners are black ad Latino. Whose behind this latest assault on our rights: elitists on both sides who will do anything for a buck. Many people have died so I could vote, and I'll be damned if someone tells me that I can't vote.

No comments: