Monday, December 07, 2009

Thankful

I was in Avenue department store today looking at the beautiful sweaters and blouses. I am looking for something to give my spouse for Christmas. Technically, I'm buying something for the both of us. When she wears a particular sweater, I'll wear the same article a few days later. I tell her that this is a lot easier on the budget. We haven't had any arguments about the same article of clothing (smile).

Last year my spouse gave me a red sweater for my gift. I was praying that she would get me something feminine. Was I surprised? I'm thankful that I have an accepting wife, even though she may not always comprehend my gender variance. I never imagined that we would be sharing sweaters, blouses and skirts. I chuckle to myself because life can really throw a few curves.

Gennee

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm thankful for the same thing. My wife has accepted my gender after a long 8 year struggle. Although she is a lot smaller than me (5'1" versus 5'10"). So sharing clothes is out of the question :( on the bright side she goes shopping with me all the time and is very helpful. We've been through a lot together, and hope to have many more wonderful years ahead with her. I wish the same for your family.
Hugs Michelle

Tim said...

Genevieve and Michelle, what powerful, extraordinary spouses God has given you. Not only do they depict the heart of wisdom and love, they also witness the integrity of who you both are. I pray God's continued blessings on both of you, your spouses, and your unions--just as I pray God's guidance and strength for those who've not yet found the courage to accept the beautiful gifts He's given them.

This is, without a doubt, the most beautiful Christmas story I've heard in many, many years. Thank you for sharing it with us, Genevieve.