Thursday, December 10, 2009

Be Who You Are

A motto that I share with people is be who you are. When I was adjusting to life as a gender variant person, it was a long and slow journey. I had to overcome my own fears and the supposed fear of what others thought about me. Then the day came when I was content and at peace with who I was. The feeling swept over me like a rushing wind.

What I find amazing is that this happened in my mid fifties. I was a caterpillar who was wrapped up in a cocoon. Then one day a butterfly emerged. There are many who are struggling to get out of their cocoons. This can be the hardest part. In life just when it seems the darkest, a light bursts forth. Butterflies add beauty to the universe. I strongly believe that we as gender variant individuals add beauty and diversity to the mosaic of life.


Genevieve

No comments: