Sunday, December 20, 2009

Journey To The Unknown


I imagine myself standing on a hill looking down at this creek. I bends and winds to areas not yet discovered. Earlier this year I migrated from CD/TV to TG/TS. A year and a half ago I sensed that I was a transgenderist. That premonition has come to pass. I saw myself as right in the middle at the time.
As the journey continues, I am beginning to move away from the center. The trek is taking me somewhere that I've never been . I wondered why I visited the places that influenced me as a young man. I was taken back to a vibrant and turbulent time in our city's history. Emotions have been wide and ranging. In one sense I was reflective and wistful. I was thankful, emotional, angry, proud, weepy, and challenged at many different junctures. I just believe that many of my emotions came more into focus.
I have always had a kinship to those who are regarded as outsiders by our society. I never knew how much this is part of me until this year. Maybe one of the reasons I came out so late is because I have been able to read between the lines of much of so-called 'conventional wisdom'. I have had the opportunity to share more about myself. I sense that from now on my life will move in a direction that will affect many people. I don't know why I'm saying this but it's what I feel in my heart.
Genevieve

No comments: