Monday, December 01, 2008

WORLD AIDS DAY

Today is World Aids Day. There will be memorials to those lost to the disease. It affects every strata of society. Gay, lesbian, bi, transgender, and heterosexual. You don't hear much about how AIDS affects transgender people but the rates of infection are worse than in the gay and lesbian populace.

In the past year, I have been moved from indifference to great concern. I have read much about people who lives are affected by AIDS. What really grabbed me was that the grieving process can still go on many years after the individual's passing. How anyone can spew out hatred towards those afflicted is cruel and callous.

I salute those who are on the front lines and working behind the scenes to find a cure. As I am writing this blog at this very moment, strong feelings of sorrow are ruminating within my spirit. I've never lost anyone to AIDS but I do feel for those who have.

No comments: