Thursday, October 16, 2008

Education Is Not Static

I'm always seeking ways to improve myself. I need to be challenged, to be stretched, to move out of my comfort zone. I have started a business and am working on my master's degree. I am also seeking ways to improve the lot of my transgender brothers and sisters. Each day I hear of some great news or some tragic loss. There are triumphs, losses, and struggles. Much of what I learn is not in the classroom or the internet. It is just being open to life as it happens.

I reflect on my life and see how blessed I am. I see what others may not see. I long to touch someone's life in a meaningful way. Many of the lessons taught to me in years past have become more genuine to me. I long to be genuine, loving, and an encourager. There's always something to learn. I never want to close my heart and mind. If my suffering pain will benefit someone else, then my life will have counted for something.

Genevieve

2 comments:

crys said...

that is really sweet genevieve. i saw your comment on transgriot, and that's how i found your blog. I can't believe that BOTH of them are actually updated pretty regularly. i think you are the only person i've found so far who does that - LOL!

genevieve said...

I try to stay up to date. There's a lot happening. Thank you for your comment.