Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I am feeling good today. I am very happy with the way my life is going. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving Day. It is a chance to relax and reflect.
I finished reading Leslie Feinberg's book, "Transgender Warriors". I was surprised to find out how much crossdressers and trans people have impacted many social movements in America. I learned that transgenderism is common and worshipped in many cultures. Native Americans have a long history of crossdressing and transgenderism. I am fascinated by this, since I have Native American blood in me. Transgenderism is a part of my ancestry. I rate this book a nine (on a scale of one to ten). I highly recommend "Transgender Warriors" to understand what it means to be transgendered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gennee, I understand this to be true also. I know that there were two different times during my transition, that I had a full blooded Native American come and want to visit with me.
It was very interesting to me to see, and feel the seriousness of their enquiry. I was also told, that
transsexual people, are held with as much, or even higher esteem, as their medicine men. Both of
these Native Americans wanted to feel, or sense my power level. In both cases, I was left with the
feelings of a pride, and honor within me, that I have never had before. My respect for them was, and
is very much the equivalent, as theirs was, and is for me.

genevieve said...

Thank you so much for your comments,Roxie.