Monday, August 21, 2023

MURRAY HILL



Murray Hill is a popular drag king and comedian here in New York City and the world. I first became acquainted with him in the early years of my transition. I saw Murray several years ago at a venue on the west side. He wore a suit in the warm summer afternoon. 

He was being himself which struck me the most. I recently read that he considers himself transgender. He began his career in the waning days of the East Village/ Lower East Side arts scene. Murray is still quite active today.

I know a drag queen whose done drag services at my church. All the nonsense about grooming is both untrue and dangerous. Any 'preacher' who says that trans people are pedophiles and should be killed is a disgrace to God and congregation he/she allegedly represents.


No comments: