Wednesday, June 14, 2023

PUSHING BACK

This June pride has been a battle of our expressions of pride and the anti-LGBTQ who wish that we cease to be desist. We are pushing back against those forces. 

I attended a pride (Brooklyn Pride) this past weekend, an annual event which has been around for almost thirty years. The event was bigger and lively. It seems that the more we are visible, the angrier the opposition gets. We are doing things right. 

I'm thankful New York City and other cities are a safe haven for my LGBTQ siblings. Parents are standing up for their trans children who are the targets of all this anti-trans legislation. Some of us may not be able to march or protest. Just going out and living your life is showing your pride and support.

I have been emboldened as I'm not going to be intimidated by those forces who wish to hurt us. I encourage all of us to show that we have a right to live our lives in peace. 

No comments: