Saturday, June 17, 2023

COMMENTARY

In another week the 54th anniversary of the Stonewall Rebellion will be celebrated. I am thankful for the many people who said that "enough is enough" and did something about it. Through all the the turmoil and struggle, we have made an impact.

I cannot remember that the attacks on LGBTQ+ people have been so vociferous as they have been this year. There are over 500 anti-trans bills proposed in legislatures in the country. I am encouraged that people are fighting back against these bills which are designed to push us back into the closet.

My resolve has been strengthened in that I WILL BE OUT AND PROUD. It took me years to find out why I always believed that I was different. When I did find out that I was trans, I decided that I was going to live my life openly. I haven't looked back.

On Sunday, June 25th, the pride march will take place here in New York City. I will be celebrating with my LGBTQ+ siblings. We have nothing to be ashamed of. This is the journey God has put me on. Some may not understand it, but it's MY journey. 


HAPPY PRIDE!

No comments: