Saturday, November 17, 2018

SUPPORT THE T

As Transgender Awareness Week is drawing to a close I am concerned about the well being of all TGLBQI people. With the edit from the president to erase our existence, I and others have stated that we will not be erased.

I believe it is high time that LGBT stand up and support the T. Many major LGBT organizations do not have any trans representatives on their board of directors. I'm still mystified by the lack of understanding about trans people even with all the information out there.

On Monday, I will be attending the Transgender Day of Remembrance ceremonies at my senior center to honor the trans and non conforming people lost to violence. Until things change this will be an ongoing event. I pray that change will come sooner rather than later.

No comments: