Wednesday, August 15, 2018

CONFORMITY

Conformity is a wide open topic which will elicit many different viewpoints. There are times when one may need to conform; on the job, the military, etc. I thinking more about when people have viewpoints different from my own. People are entitled to their own opinions and I respect that. No one has the right to trash someone else's character because he/she has a different viewpoint.

I make no secret that I admire people who are outside the box. They stepped away from the conventions of their times. They went against the prevailing mindsets of their times. I welcome listening to opposing view points because it can be a point of educating and opening the mind. Forcing someone to think the way they do does a disservice to them. I've been called names because I have a different viewpoint or live my own life contrary to theirs. 

Conformity is neither good nor bad. Forcing someone to think the way they do shows a lack of respect. Enjoy life and be who you are. 

No comments: