Thursday, April 19, 2018

SPEAKING OUT

I'm usually quiet and reserved, not always sharing my thoughts out in public. That changed in 2012 or 2013. I was tired of trans and gender non conforming people being trashed by the media, politicians, preachers, and administrators. It motivated me to speak out that it was drag queens and trans people who set off the Stonewall Rebellion. Trans people do the hard pulling and pushing then are shuttled to the sidelines because we don't "look right" (whatever that means).

Too many folks have been battered by the vitriol spewed out by some of these 'well meaning' people and it has done nothing but hurt and destroy. I'm a senior citizen and trans and where can be harder just to get basic needs. Well, I'm silent no longer. I'm out and proud every day and will be so.

No comments: