Wednesday, April 25, 2018

ARTS,GENDER, AND ECONOMICS

I am involved with the arts. Acting, performance, spoken word, writing, and other things. It allows me to express myself that mere words cannot convey. Arts does not see gender, race, sexuality, or economics. 

I am part of a theater project with trans and gender non conforming folks of all ages. This is my third year of participation and I'm so blessed to be a part of this. I have met some truly wonderful people who I consider as friends. We enjoy being with each other and creating art. I have the arts touch lives right before my eyes. A number of people have blossomed because art allowed them to express themselves. 

Problems in the country and world will not be solved unless people are willing to sit down and talk about them and find solutions. The arts bridges diverse groups and intertwines diverse viewpoints. One reason the arts is the first to go during economic crises is that it brings people together who normally may not associate with each other. Makes me wonder if America really wants to solve its problems.

No comments: