Wednesday, January 03, 2018

RESIST AND RESIST

This year will prove to be a more active one for me. I will attending the women's march later this month. I hope that it will trigger some courses of action in what we need to focus on. I'm working on whether to take a trip to Albany to help pass the Gender Employment Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA).  I cannot sit idly by as our rights are being taken away. 

I attended a community forum this past September in my Washington Heights neighborhood. I saw what a sellout my councilmen is. Couple that with the fact that he backed state senator who is an enemy of the LGBTQI community. As you can see local politics is on my plate, albeit reluctantly. It's been said that all politics is local and I saw it first hand. 

These are just a few things up for me. I will fill you in as events and changes happen.

No comments: