Wednesday, August 23, 2017

TGLBQI and Religious Freedom

I still fail to see how my being transgender interferes with someone's religious freedom. No one has ever given me a valid reason how it does. I never tell people how to worship or who to believe in.

I am a Christian who happens to be transgender. My theology is conservative. I am liberal on most issues. What I see is some religious folk interjecting not only what Christianity is but how one is suppose to present themselves. At times, I get the idea that in order to be truly Christian you have to be married, Republican, white and think exactly like them. 

If they studied the bible deeper they will see that many characters in the scriptures weren't some or any of these 'requirements'. Some of the prophets we know very little or nothing about them. Amos, Obadiah, and some of the apostles came to mind. We know that Peter was married but were any of the other apostles? God uses all kinds of folks. Scriptures gives no mention of people sexuality or gender identification. My question to to anti-TLGBQI faction: does it really matter.      

I cannot stand cultural Christianity in the least. It's divisive, labels people who are different as 'less than', and is very cliquish. Some fundamentalists are trying to tell others how to believe and what to believe. What we have is government and the church in collusion. This is about power and control, not anything to do with spirituality. 

As I have mentioned before, I'm open about my being trans. I'm happy to share with anyone who want to know who and what I'm about. I will also share my faith with anyone who is open. 

No comments: