Sunday, November 09, 2014

November

November is traditionally an active month for me and this year's no different. I'm taking care of the household needs while my wife recuperates from knee replacement surgery. She is coming along slowly. On Tuesday I will be at the Veteran's Day parade. I have marched in a few in the past. This time I'm going as a spectator. As a veteran I feel honored to be part of unique group of men and women. 

The Transgender Day of Remembrance vigil will be held at the community center here in New York City. I go every year because its important that I do. It' s not that I have to but I NEED to. I'm thinking of what to say at the event. I'm taking my wife out to Thanksgiving Day dinner at a restaurant. I take this day to be thankful for all things. 

As I get older I appreciate life much more because each day is precious. I have made it a concerted effort to enjoy life. 

No comments: