Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Honoring Our Veterans


Today, I went to Veteran's Day Parade. I have marched in several parades in the past but this day I was a spectator. It was wonderful that the spectators positively to the men and women who served our country. All the service branches were represented. I took special note f the WWII and Korean vets. Some of them may not be here the next parade.

I also thought of the TGLB men and women who served. Some made the  supreme sacrifice while others are struggling with a number of issues. Let's particularly remember the homeless vets (about one million) who are struggling to get the basics for their lives.

If you haven't, congratulate a veteran and thank him or her for their sacrifice. When I marched, I felt the deep appreciation the spectators have for us. Happy Veteran's Day!  



No comments: