Wednesday, September 17, 2014

We Are Called

This past Sunday's sermon really spoke to me. The minister shared that we are called by God. Our youth, preparation, and sense of inadequacies does not eliminate us from His calling.

The second point stressed was that it isn't about us. The point of Christians being called is to bring God's love and kingdom to the spiritually lost and dying. Moses didn't feel that he was good enough to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Jonah did everything he could to get out of going to Nineveh. Jeremiah thought that he was too young to prophesy to the people of his day. The sermon by the way was taken from Jeremiah chapter1, verses 4 through 10.  

God knew who we were to be before we were born. He knew that I was transgender before I was ever conceived. The takeaway message I received is I am to follow God's call whether or not I'm ready or feel ill- equipped. It's a message to all of us who call ourselves God's children.

No comments: