Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Retired-And Busy As Ever

I am unofficially retired. If a part time job that I like comes up I will investigate it. I don't want to go through the 9-to-5 grind anymore. I am busier now than ever before. I'm able to do things that I have a passion for.

Writing is one of my passions. Still working on a chapbook I want to publish. Recently I dived into activism having attended Equality and Justice Day in Albany a few weeks ago. There are a few hot button issues that I'm interested in. There's not a lack of activities to do. I said years ago that when I retire I'm going to be doing something. Now I have the opportunity.

People should enjoy retirement years because they have earned it. Find things you are passionate about and pursue them. Two of my goals are to get my master's degree and learn to play bass guitar. I know one dear lady in her eighties who does such wonderful needlework and quilt making. Remember some of the best times are ahead of you.

No comments: