Thursday, May 15, 2014

From Then To Now

It was about this time nine years ago that my gender struggles came to the fore. I had never had such issues in the past. That's what really confused me. It wasn't an easy time for me because I didn't know what I was grappling with. 

In the following weeks things became clearer to me. I discovered that I was a cross dresser. moving ahead I saw that feelings ran much deeper than clothing. In time I realized that I was transgender. There were discoveries, struggles, research, meeting people, support groups, and trials by fire. Embracing each experience help moved me forward to where I needed to get to. 

Now, nine years later, I am a happy and content transgender woman. I'm being the person that I really am. Every day I discover something new. I learned long ago how fluid gender is. Trying to say I have it under control is like trying to grasp water. I just enjoy the ride. 

No comments: