Thursday, December 26, 2013

2013

I will say that 2013 went by very, very fast. Much has happened for me, personally. I was out more than ever enjoying life. My wife accepts me 100% as transgender. I never danced so much in my life as I went a couple of parties, a wedding reception and my first prom.  

I am happy about the many achievements accomplished in the trans community. I will list some in a future post. The increased visibility has had helped people see that we are human and deserve respect and dignity. At the same time, those who seek to erase us from existence have increased their attacks on us. I attended Transgender Day of Remembrance last month and still remember the evening as if it was yesterday. It renewed my commitment to see the Gender Employment Non-Discrimination Act become law here in New York State.

As 2014 comes upon me, I will continue to educate people about our role in the Stonewall Riots in 1969 and other events. I have a degree in education and always believe that I would not teach in a conventional way. May be this is what my calling is.

No comments: