Tuesday, July 30, 2013

OPPORTUNITIES

Over the past couple of days I have thought about the opportunties each of us have. Each day we wake up there's a new chance to do something that we want to do. The main point is to take advantage of those opportunities. 

When my son was young, I encouraged him to do something that he is passionate about. He designs video games and is into web design. Now that I'm near retirement, I have the opportunity to the things that I really love. Writing is one of my passions, however I didn't have the confidence that I could be a success at it when I was younger. Well, later this year I will have a chapbook of some of my poems published. An opportunity deferred is now an opportunity to be realized.

Opportunity can be anything. It can be creating a recipe, traveling to a foreign country, building a piece of furniture, learning how to use a computer, and many other activities. Regardless of age or status people are taking advantage of the opportunity to do something that could change their lives.

No comments: