Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Young Sixty Five

I will be sixty five years young in ten days. Sometimes I have trouble convincing some that I'm my age. I see it as a compliment. Some might its a time for me to relax but I have no such notions. I will be aactive mre than ever.

I believe that learning is a lifetime endeavor. New experiences and thoughts can help shape our lives and make life worth living. I had a friend who was active and productive until he passed. I know a number of people who are the same way. Now I can do the things that I really enjoy and have a passion for.

My issue is that I have so many interests that sometmes I don't know where to star. It's a nice 'problem' to have, though. One of my goals is to get a master's degree in creative writing.  I will have a chapbook of poems published later this year. I will be going to support group meetings where I can help others with their gender issues. As you see there's much on my plate.

Many will be retiring soon however it's not the end of your life. New skills can be learned. New discoveries can be made. You have the skills and the experience to influence the younger generation. I may have retired from a job but not life.

No comments: