Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Same Person

When I came out I told my spouse that I am the same person I always was. It took much time and effort but I believe that she understands this now. We've been married 31 years and I'm thankful for that. I may have changed in my gender identity but I have honored my marriage and always will.

Whenever I feel a change within I pray that it will help me to understand myself and encourage others in the process. Seeing others succeed is more important than anything that I face.

2 comments:

The Ruminating Rocker said...

Hello... my long-term boyfriend recently told me he is a woman inside... he is now in therapy and taking hormones... we don't know what the next step will be, if he will want to start living as a woman, etc. but this is extremely hard for me... I love him, but cannot see him as a woman, do not want him to start dressing as a woman, and have no desire to be in an intimate relationship with a woman... how did your wife come to accept you as a woman??? It feels to me as though my life is ending... because I wrapped my whole existence around this person I thought was a man... like you he says he is still the same person... but if he begins living as a woman, he won't be... any advice???

The Ruminating Rocker said...

Hi again. I was so hoping for a response to my earlier comment... this is so hard. Glad you are doing well though.