Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Still Standing



Well I'm back to the lighthouses again. I"ve always been a fascinated by them. There are a myriad of reasons why but to me it's the fact that lighthouses are often away from any civilization. They are solitary structures which can withstand what the forces of nature throws at them.

Transgender people have much thrown at them and from many directions. It can be family, church, friends, school, or job. It can be our own doubt and fear that threaten to undrmine our sense of well being. Some forces wish to erase us from existence. Yet through all these tribulations, we are still standing.

As the summer months approach us, I am reminded that much has been achieved. I am reminded that much needs to be done. Five years ago, I was just discovering my transgenderism. Today I embrace it wholeheartedly. Nothing can me from being what I was created to be.

~Genevieve

No comments: