Monday, November 02, 2009

Active Months Ahead

November and December are traditionally active months for me. While there are activities to attend, it also a time of reflection. This year is different because of the changes that have happened to me personally.

I will be marching in the Veterans Day parade on November 11th. It will be my third time doing so. It's important that transgender veterans are honored and remembered for their service. This year the group may have a float. November 20th will be the Transgender Day of Remembrance. I make it a point to attend because it's important that we encourage and support one another. I am considering speaking at the event.

I mentioned months earlier that I have transitioned from CD/TG to TG/TS. With the passage of the hate crimes bill, I see the need to become even more involved. I'm just trying to figure out where. There have been several attacks against GLBT people here but I'm not going to let that deter me from the things that need to be done. I am also weighing doing another interview. Wha is driving me is the need to educate others and to live openly. A tall order but I'm willing to do it.

Genevieve

No comments: