Monday, September 14, 2009

Will Be Going To Future Vets Meetings As Gennee

Yesterday, I attended a meeting of my veterans group. The group is an LGBT veteran group. I was also elected treasurer. I also came dressed in drab. They have seen me dressed as Gennee. Well when I came to the meeting the president asked how come I wasn't dressed? I had thought about it but wasn't sure. After hearing his lament, I have decided that from now on I'm going as Gennee.

I believe that this is the confirmation of what happened to me earlier in the year. I am presenting myself as a transgender woman almost regularly. This is how I feel about myself and what I am expressing. I have had two talks with my spouse in the past month and a third one is upcoming. She may not always understand but she is accepting of it to a point. I'm thankful for that.

Genevieve

2 comments:

Zoe Renee said...

that's awesome Gennee! congratulations, reassurance and confirmation are always incredible feelings!

genevieve said...

Thank you, Zoe.