Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Your Life Counts

Yesterday, I read these words from a devotional : At every stage of our lives, God can use our talents to serve others (Raymond Bottom). I have long held the belief that each stage of our lives are to be cherished, developed and used to help others.

I have enjoyed every stage of my life. I enjoyed my childhood. I relished the teen years. I matured as a young adult. I enjoyed life as a single person. I love being married and a father. I came out as a transgender person in my fifties. It was only a few weeks ago that, at age sixty, I declared myself a transgenderist. Yes, each stage had its ups and downs but I wouldn't be the person that I am if I hadn't gone through them.

There may be someone reading this post who feels that their lives don't matter. The may feel that their contributions mean little. YES IT DOES! Ten years ago I stated in a tutorial education course that the best years of my life are ahead of me. I was fifty years old at the time. I still believe it now.

Maybe physical impairments due to aging don't allow you to do some things, but there are things you can do in spite of those impairments. I encourage you to keep seeking, keep dreaming, and never believe that you aren't important because you are.

Genevieve

No comments: