Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Uniquely Created

While I have been research material for an upcoming talk, I have seen how the contributions of transgender and gender variant people have been suppressed throughout history. We belie the long held belief that there are on two genders that exist.  We have existed since the very beginning of life.

I will be presenting a historical overview in the next few posts. I was struck by the thought that we are at a time where we can change the course of history. Transgender topics are beginning to be discussed openly and that's great. It is also a time when our opponents are leveling both barrels at us to get us to submit to their lies and deception. I am proud to be a transgender person because I was created this way. 

This is the crossroad that may be crossing because I can't let lies, misinformation, and fear intimidate and hurt my transgender brothers and sisters. I will be digging deeper into the history and I will pass along my findings

2 comments:

Andrew Little said...

As with feminist perspectives, which revealed how women's roles and identities were suppressed in scripture, there is and will be backlash. That happens when you push against power - power pushes back. All the more reason to keep up the good fight, Gennee.

genevieve said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Andrew.