Sunday, May 03, 2009

Another Kind of Spring

Spring has finally come. The plants awaken from the long winter hibernation. New life bursts forth. Spring reminds me of this time four years ago when  fifty plus years of dormancy was finally breaking through. 

I was confronted with something I didn't understand. Some seeds never make it to the soil surface. This seed in my being wasn't one of them. When it did break soil, a new plant was about to grow. The gender flower was about to blossom. I didn't know what was going on. I received nourishment from some counseling and listening to the stories of those who went through the same experiences.

Today, the bloom is still on my gender flower. Like the hemlock, I have weather some severe storms. Springs have come and gone but the flower is eternal.

Genevieve 

No comments: