Friday, January 23, 2009

GENEVIEVE'S GEMS

Contentment is being satisfied with who one is.

I have been thinking about this word all day. It is a heartfelt prayer that I have for all my transgender sisters and brothers. The fiery darts of hate and negativism are thrust our way almost daily.

I'll never forget that day in August 2006. I was strolling through the park enjoying the warm weather. A warm feeling swept over me. I felt relaxed and serene with my surroundings. For the first time, I felt that I could call myself a transgender woman and emphatically mean it. I was content with my identity. The inner angst was gone. Peace filled my heart. I was truly complete.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Genevieve, this is lovely--and so true. Being content with ourselves, accepting us as God does, holds the answers to much of what we dread or fear. If I'm happy and I know God's happy, the anger and deceit of someone else's unhappiness simply doesn't compute.

Lori D said...

Simple post...and so so true.
White noise. It's wonderful. I'm beginning to feel it myself.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, life affirming! Thank you.