Saturday, July 01, 2023

COMMENTARY

Pride week was one of the best weeks of my life. It started with me sharing to my church congregation what pride means to me. Later, I went downtown to the pride parade. There were many young people. It was really crowded, more so than last year.

My resolve to be open about being trans was strengthened in the face of much of the country's anti- trans legislation. I believe this year's pride march demonstrated this. Now we have to vote and stand up with trans youth who are in the teeth of much of this diabolical evil.  

Parents are standing for their trans children and saying no to these bills. Some have left their home state, in order to receive the gender affirming they need. I'm happy that the governor of New York has declared the state a safe haven. A few places have done this and I pray that more will do the same.

No comments: