Thursday, December 15, 2022

TWO QUESTIONS

 A question I would ask to those people groups who would deny trans affirming treatment because of their "religious beliefs". They say that it denies them their religious freedom. 

The first question is how does my being trans affect anyone's religious freedom? I am a Christian who happens to be trans. This is the path God has chosen for me. Each person has his/ her own journey. Some may not understand but it is their journey nevertheless.

The second question I would ask is if you are a medical professional, would you deny someone care because they clash with your so-called "religious beliefs?" If you are a doctor you took the Hippocratic Oath to give the person the best medical treatment. 

I probably will never have the chance but I would dearly love to stand before these committees and ask them these two questions. 

No comments: