Saturday, May 08, 2021

HOMAGE TO MOM


 

Mom never knew me as Genevieve when I came out in 2005. She passed in 2001. We shared an interest in fashions and flowers. I asked her numerous times about color schemes when she was making her own clothing. She knew what went well together and what colors looked good on me. I wasn't embarrassed about wearing pink. We shared a love/hate relationship with the fashion industry. 

Mom taught me about hospitality as she entertained people who were lonely. Mom had that quiet strength, something I inherited from her. I didn't know that I was trans while she was living but I wonder if she knew that there was something different about me. In recent years the words of wisdom she shared have come to fruition in me.

I thank her for helping me become the person that I am now. I believe that she would have loved Genevieve just as much as she did her son. I do miss you, mom.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: