Wednesday, December 02, 2020

1968

 The year 1968 was touched on during a discussion last night. It was the year I believe a big change was coming to America. Reverend Martin Luther King was bringing together diverse groups of people in an effort to change the course of the country. April, Dr. King was assassinated. Two months later, Democratic presidential hopeful Robert Kennedy met the same fate. All hell broke loose during the Democratic National Convention. America had lost its innocence and its way.

Some may think 1968 doesn't affect us today but I beg to differ. Are there any great leaders with some kind of spiritual or moral values? Is there anyone who is concerned about the poor and middle class and have solutions to the problems that ails them? I left the Democratic Party over a dozen years because they weren't listening to me. The Republican party never listened to me. 

Today I sat in Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village. I first went there in 1968 where it became a regular hangout. The ideas were free-flowing. People could speak their minds without the threat of being silenced. At times I wish '68 could happen again. There needs to be a BIG change because as I see it if the course isn't changed, then our way of life is headed down the crapper.    

No comments: