Thursday, April 30, 2020

FROM A HATER TO A HISTORIAN

I never had any interest in history as a school student. Actually hated it. I remember one time, getting so angry I threw my history book against the wall. 

Over time I saw the importance of history and why it's so important to study it. During this pandemic, I have found an interest in reading the history of LGBTQ people, and trans people in particular. I am currently posting castles twice a day on Facebook. I did more research on the ones that fascinate me. I am also researching obscure poets and studying them. 

I enjoy doing research and I guess being somewhat of a historian is a natural choice for me. When I read about the many LGBTQ people of the past, there are so many variations of expression. The colorful history of some of them is riveting and thrilling. Because I enjoy doing research, it could be why I like writing essays. 

No comments: