Friday, February 01, 2019

LIVING AUTHENTIC LIVES

Living authentically can be difficult but it's the only way to live. The world screams for authenticity but, at the same time, is frightened by it. There are folks who say 'you are courageous' or 'I wish that I could be like you'. Being vulnerable is part of being who we really are. I believe it comes with the territory.

Many of the great social moments happened because people saw something better and took risks and criticism to improve the lives of others. As a trans person, I live openly and won't disappear because someone is uncomfortable around me or other trans people. It's something there have to deal with. 

No one needs to be ashamed of who they are. You are important! There are people who love you for being you.  Being yourself is freeing and liberating.

No comments: