Thursday, December 28, 2017

CRUDDY POLITICS

It's very rare that I comment or write anything about politics. After reading an article about celebrities are Republicans I was bothered by it. Not by the celebs because I maintain that it's a person's right choose whatever party they want to support. It's the whole political climate.
First of all, I'm a registered Independent. I left the Democratic Party over a decade ago because they no longer listen to people like me. I never believed that the Republicans cared about me at all. I also believe that both parties pander to the corporation. They do the corporations bidding to pass laws which do not benefit the average American. Can a third party work? I believe it can if folks can find a few things they all agree on then start from there. People will need to put aside their pettiness and check their egos. Will it happen? I hope so.

I have said that 2016 saw the worst bunch of candidates I've ever seen.They are control freaks, narcissistic, lack empathy, inexperienced in some case, racist in others, and care only for filling their own pockets. I voted third party. Never liked neither Trump or Clinton.   Some will say that voting for a third party is a wasted vote. I wholeheartedly disagree. Some tried to convince me that should vote for Clinton, who I don't like, to keep Trump out, who I dislike even more. To me THAT is a wasted vote.

I'm not crying over spilled milk. I'm working on the things that I believe in.  Affordable housing. tax breaks for small businesses, GENDA, and immigration reform are the areas I'm most concerned with. I'm taking a greater interest in local and state politics because there some cruddy politicians here also. the coming year promises to be an active one for me, personally. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would be nice if people could come together with a peaceful mind. The Internet allows people to expand their minds and their world, but yet it feels to me like people are using it to further isolate themselves within their own group, reinforcing their own ideologies. As a result, the people of this country becomes more and more divided, and while the people are distracted fighting each other, the politicians and other elite rob the common people of their freedom, hopes, and dreams. It would be nice if people could wake up and form an accepting and loving society where everybody works for the common good of everybody.