Monday, September 11, 2017

9/11


Hard to believe that it's been sixteen years since that fateful day. Time has moved on but the memories of that day will always linger. What I remember most is how New Yorkers stepped up big time to help their fellow citizen. Folks from all over the country lent a helping hand as the city was in recovery.

I was a mile and a half away from the towers. I saw the north tower burning. People were going everywhere trying to get away as fast as possible.  I remember the posters of loved one who would never return. I remember the confusion, the fear, the anger, and the hope. 

On this day, let us pray for the people who still feel the pain keenly. Let us work for peace and reconciliation with our neighbors and friends. Above all don't let fear stop us from living life.

Never Forget! 

No comments: